Thursday, June 5, 2014

Memorial Quilt Done!

Amazingly, the quilt top came together very quickly and was soon on the frame!  I did some measuring and adjusting to make sure that the extra blocks were sort of centered on the back of the quilt but allowing enough room for the pocket destined to contain the book.


 Here's a close-up of how much backing was left after it was quilted--talk about too close for comfort!!
I don't think I will do a pieced back again for a while--my heart can't take these close calls.
Next post I will give the step-by-step instructions on how to make the book cover.  It turned out pretty well (surprisingly enough!!) and was very easy. 

The label was sewn on the front....

And here is the pocket sewn on the quilt to hold the book....
Here are some pictures of the girl and her quilt.....
Here's the front...

Here's the back!













Pretty proud of our girl!!  The quilt is now proudly hanging in school, ready to be admired by many! 

No comments: