Thursday, February 9, 2012

Serendipity!


It's no secret that I love the Ten Minute Table Runners!  I first found them at The Village Quilter and everyone I've gifted one seems to enjoy it.  Of course, I haven't had the time to make one for myself, but I have at least two waiting in the wings.  (The irony boggles the mind, doesn't it?  Can't pull off a ten minute project!)  Guess mine will be all the more special when they are done!

 
A dear friend enjoyed a recent trip to Hawaii and her birthday is this month, so I thought I'd make one for her.  Picked out some fabrics from my stash that would have a Hawaiian feel in her favorite colors.  Assembled the runner and looked for the perfect button embellishment.

The first choice was a pink button....

 
Sort of was lost on the fabric, but I liked the color.  Decided to keep looking.....
It looks okay, but wasn't exactly what I envisioned.  

Then the serendipity part of the project!  I accidentally dropped the buttons and they landed on each other!  I slid them into position and....


Lovely!!
 
And, the had the same number of holes that lined up perfectly!


Guess it seems I'm making a big deal out of buttons, but this event sort of drove home to me how the littlest thing can inspire!  I'm looking at the world in a whole new way:  seeing new color combinations, design opportunities and thinking a little bit outside the box.  Will keep you posted!

No comments: