Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Meeting Barbara Brackman

At the American Quilt Study Group seminar in Cherry Hill, NJ this September, I met a quilt historian I admire--Barbara Brackman!!!  Actually, she came up to me during the presentation of the papers and took a picture of my portfolio......and then......she blogged about it!!  Check out her blog, Barbara Brackman's Material Culture--it's cued up to the page where she has the picture of my portfolio.  (It's the second picture.)

Kind of funny--I wouldn't know a contemporary actress if I tripped on her, but became a giggly school girl in the presence of a famous quilt historian. 

Here is a picture of the portfolios I've made--the larger red one is the one Barbara noticed.

Portfolio samples for a Love Apple Quilters workshop
 The AQSG was wonderful--was so glad I was able to attend the events I did and look forward to the chance to do it again!

No comments: