Thursday, July 7, 2011

Mother's Day Is Every Day, Right?

While at MQX, I found a lovely booth where they were selling table runner kits quite reasonably.  The owner was so sweet-natured, it was hard not to make a purchase.  Fortunately, one kit was of pansies, my mother's favorite flower:
Biggest table runner I ever made--almost 53 inches!
Uses this opportunity to quilt more feathers with invisible thread--just love knowing feathers are there, even if they aren't too visible!

The fabric amounts were off a bit, so there wasn't enough for the backing.  My mom loves the Aunt Grace fabric, so here's the backing...

Each girl's dress is a fabric from the Aunt Grace line--very cute!
And the finished project:

The pattern called for thick bindings, but that made turning those weird angled corners too much of a challenge.  Would recommend for a project like this to keep your bindings as thin as possible.

Good think my mother is patient--this table runner is her final gift for Mother's Day (2011).

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Better late than never, and the feathers look great, too!

Tuffimom said...

You're such an encouragement to me--thanks, Eileen!