Monday, March 28, 2011

Love Apple Quilters 2011 Challenge

This quilt show's challenge was "A Tisket, A Tasket, Looks What's In My Basket."  There were only a few rules that we had to follow--144 inches in perimeter, a basket with something in it and had to be turned in on-time.

My challenge is named "A Tisket, A Tasket, Oops!  I Spilled My Basket!"  My dear husband and I sketched it out over lunch one day and he named it.  It was fun to play with colors and scale to make it look like the blocks were falling off the quilt.  Guess it turned out to be something of a quilted collage since the blocks are barely stitched down, some corners flapping in the breeze to a completed quilt of a basket made of low contrast fabrics.

Am pleased to report that the guild liked my entry, giving me a second place ribbon! 

2 comments:

Fran said...

LOL - I think you and your husband are two clever people! Congratulations.

Tuffimom said...

Thank you, Fran! All I know is that I couldn't do half of what I do without his help!