Tuesday, October 26, 2010

This Year's First Christmas Gift

My wonderful husband has been accompanying me to The Village Quilter lately to pick up my Buck-A-Block so we can spend some extra time together.  He's been great at finding projects he'd like me to make and this month's find was a Biscuit Basket by Aunties Two.

Perfect size for mega biscuits!

Bird's eye view
Using a Moda jelly roll  and a roll of 1 3/4 inch stiffy stuff, the basket came together in a day. (If you recognize the fabric, could you please post the name in the comment section?  I always try to give credit where credit is due and I can't remember the name--a suspected episode of "Sometimers.")  The directions are clear and technique is easy to follow.  Was a little nervous about the binding since the basket barely fit into my sewing machine, but it was just as easy to do as a quilt binding.

Have an idea of who in my family would appreciate this cute little basket, but since they are regular readers of my blog, I don't want to spoil the surprise.  Excited to finish a project in a day, especially with the multitude of interruptions in my day--doctors' appointments, dishes, laundry, meals, etc.

No comments: