Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Christmas Gift

Rereading the title of my blog, I'm reminded of its focus, but can't help but write about it. My dear, sweet husband purchased me a new toy that is providing me with not only hours of entertainment, but quilt inspiration. It's a Cricut--an electronic die cut machine, fully equipped with four cartridges. (I have since purchased a fifth--who can resist paper dolls?)
My first project was a card for a sweet little boy's birthday. Thankfully, the cartidges include instructions for projects and this one worked perfectly. The envelope size was a little tricky to figure out, but after three tries, got one that worked.
We spent a quiet New Year's Day together, which gave me a chance to play with some of my own ideas. Now, I've never claimed to be a paper artist or scrapbooker, so I'm sure my ideas are quite primitive to those of you who are--just wanted to make a few "thank you" cards, cover a book and try a little gift bag.

Not unhappy with the way they turned out, but would make a few different choices next time.

Having worked part way through the learning curve, am now ready to try fabric--there are a few quilt blocks I'm eager to try.

No comments: